Finding the perfect floor or wall tiles for your home is not always easy with such a huge range of colours, textures and quality of tiles available. But take a look at our Top 5 Tile Tips below to help you make the right decision. And once you have made your choice, you can find more detailed advice about measuring up and installing your tiles in our Tiling Tips Videos and Articles.
Top 5 Tiling Tips:
- Make a small room seem bigger by using large wall tiles or floor tiles. The job of installing them is also quicker and easier as there are fewer joints.
- Get a sample of the actual tiles to view in your own home before you buy. You will be surprised at how different tiles can look under different lighting. We give free samples of all stock tiles to visitors to our Décor Tiles showroom.
- Porcelain tiles are very hard-wearing and are great heat conductors so are perfect where underfloor heating is being installed.
- Different tiles require different tools to cut and drill them and the correct type of tile adhesive so take the advice of a specialist when buying tiling accessories.
- If you have chosen natural stone tiles such as marble, limestone or slate get advice from an expert on whether they need sealing before and after installing them.
Our expert staff provide their personal tiling tips in our video series.
Expert advice on all aspects of tiling walls and floors.